Saturday, January 28, 2006

Jet Lag

As I've watched Gary trying to "aclimatize" back to North American weather, time zone and all around hectic pace of life, I wonder how the kids will fair when it is their turn.
I've been watching Kijabe weather for the last couple of months. It has been cool, usually between 16- 18 C. It will be the rainy season when we are there. Kijabe is quite high up. We will need to take warm clothes especially for the evenings. One bonus from the altitude though is that we won't have to take malaria pills while in Kijabe- no risk from the mosquitoes way up there I guess!!
We had gone and gotten some long skirts for Carly to wear while there. I will need to buy a few long light weight skirts as well and some good shoes to wear. Ones that will both go with skirts and that I can walk in quite a bit. If I don't find anything, I guess it will be runners! The boys are fortunate - they can wear almost anything. I remember the red dirt getting on everything, so will try to stay away from white!
I was just looking over the last bit of consent forms etc. that we need to send back. All of our passports were still good, so thankfully that was one less thing to get done.
We saw some more pictures of Gary's trip to Zambia today when Mark and Tami were over. What a beautiful country that is!
It rained alot while he was there. And the heat came with the rain!
Our music teachers have been so good about us being away from lessons for awhile. Brett's guitar teacher will let him come twice a week after we get back. Some of the other homeschooling families are going to pick up some of our missed violin lessons and I found out that there are practice rooms at Rift Valley Academy, so I may even throw in some piano books. Wouldn't want those piano fingers too get too stiff!!!!

1 Comments:

At 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi
This is Rae Wilton. I am so happy that you have created this 'homeschooling' blog! We will be following every step, of this once in a lifetime adventure!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home