Monday, March 27, 2006

7 Bags Full

Yes, 7 bags full so far. Are we done packing? Not quite. There are still a couple of items that I need to go and buy yet, but I started to put clothes out for the kids to wear on Friday. Then we have all packed an extra set of clothes in our carry on in the likely event that some bags are stolen or lost...... When I look at what the kids have packed to entertain themselves during the many hours on board the plane, I am thinking it is not nearly enough. Am not sure I have anything up my sleeve for 3 bored children. It somehow seemed easier when they were small. Marshmallows and raisins kept them busy for hours. And new books or toys were always on hand to bring out when that failed. Well I did throw in some raisins, fruit and veggie bars and granola bars this time too. You never know if you will get fed on flights now adays or not!!!!

Mom and Dad arrive tomorrow - home from Arizona. The kids are anxious to see them. We haven't seen alot of them since last May!!! We will have the Johnsons over for supper too.

Brett's violin recital on Sunday night went very well. I would describe his attire as "classical /skateboarding style". That boy never ceases to amaze and astonish me! Carly was the official photographer and managed to film him at every possible angle. A bit distracting to the performer I would say, but nonetheless, it is all on film! We enjoyed a play put on by the Ongs, Johnsons and Morris' after the recital - Snow White and the 6 Dwarves - I think it was. It seems to have become a tradition after each Book Recital that we also are blessed with a quickly rehearsed and performed play of their choosing. They are already scheming as to what they will perform next.

Today, the kids were filming music videos in the basement!! Brett and Adam enjoyed going out in the beautiful, sunny weather and digging pathways through the slush so the water could drain in the front yard. Then they trudged to the barn to dig out their bikes, skateboards and ramps as the road is now dry in front of our place. Carly went to spend a couple of hours with Brandi as they won't see each other now until May.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home