Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Post Thanksgiving relaxation

Yesterday we went to chapel at the school in the morning and then on to the post office but it was closed. I've heard it takes several trips until you find it open....
Thankfully the butcher shop had 2 chickens that we could buy in lieu of a Thanksgiving turkey. The wife of another Canadian here had some canned pumpkin, sweet potatoes and cranberries from Canada that someone had brought her so we had a fabulous supper with all of our resources pooled. We borrowed a couple of picnic tables from next door and set them up in our screened porch here. 12 of us, celebrating God's goodness to us and thanking Him for the Harvest. I guess the other two families who joined us will get to celebrate Thanksgiving again in Nov. as the wives were American.
I can't say we get a whole lot accomplished in a day, but we sure do spend a lot of time visiting which is great.
It has been POURING rain all morning, so I think we will just take it easy this morning here at home. Tonight there is a visiting team putting on a service at the guesthouse so we will go to that. Yesterday, we babysit for a couple of the missionary families. Our time here is half over. It goes by so quickly.
Lori

1 Comments:

At 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lori!
Janelle has been keeping me posted on the events of your blog. I finally got time to check it out myself. Wow, you are certainly experiencing alot for the short time you are there! Life has been good here - great in fact! God orchestrated for me to have 11 days of working only afternoons - I have thoroughly been enjoying the beautiful fall days and time at home by myself! We are hoping you can be home for our next GNO which I believe is Oct 27th. May God continue to bless you all and keep you safe. Blessings, Val

 

Post a Comment

<< Home