Saturday, May 29, 2010

Saturday in Togo

I awoke with great plans today for my weekend day off this trip. I had exchanged a few dollars for a pocketful of CFAs (see-fahs) and was preparing to venture to the market; the beach; or at least explore a few of the sights of Lome before heading out to dinner tonight with Dr. James. The sky was a little overcast as I loaded my inaugural load of laundry at my assigned time of 7am. From there I had a quick shower, answered a few e-mails then moved the laundry from the washer to the dryer on my way to breakfast.

Once I emerged from my cabin after retrieving my laundry, the skies had opened up and a torrential downpour engulfed the port and quickly dampened my enthusiasm for a day trudging through mud in the outdoor markets. the heavy rains have stopped, but a light steady rain has continued most of the day


Saturday is often quiet on the ship. Her are a few views of the "rush" at lunch.












And yet this has become a great opportunity to post a few thoughts on the blog, do a little reading and gather my strength for the event tonight. I will have to find another way to spend my CFAs. 

Gary


1 Comments:

At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you take that picture of the rain drop? It's really cool!

Carly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home