Friday, October 25, 2013

Pointe Noire, Congo aboard the Africa Mercy

The adventure begins.....

I feel unprepared as I sit in the waiting area at Toronto Pearson Airport preparing to reach Congo tomorrow at 6:30pm via Frankfurt. And yet I am bringing with some medication that may dramatically change the way we manage many of our patients; a new technology that could make a real difference in transfusion management; and a well written textbook in electronic format that can be used to help local health care workers in Congo. This visit I may be able to leave the surgical program a little bit better after I return home, two short weeks from now.

I have a unique opportunity this time. Two of my colleagues from Saskatoon will follow me to serve with Mercy Ships while the ship remains in Pointe Noire. Perhaps I can offer some insights and suggestions to make their time more effective.

Lots of flying before I reach the ship. Hope to get some sleep.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home