Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Babies, Basketball, and Bon Voyage

Today was a really awesome, but busy day. We got up for an early breakfast at 7am, and then headed to the community meeting at 7:45. In the meeting we said hello and good bye to some people, and there was a couple presentations for two long term people that are going home. We worked on our school watched them unload another crate with medical supplies and practiced piano until lunch time. After lunch we headed off 45 kms away to a place for babies who have been abandonded or have been sent there because their mother died and their father can't take care of them. We had so much fun holding and playing with these babies, there were a set of twin boys who were only 4 weeks old!! they were sooooo tiny, my mom said that they probably only weighed six pounds! they we so adorable, I could have just taken them home with me, there were lots of little ones most of which could not even walk yet! For almost the whole time I held and played with Sessy and Fantu. They were the most cutest little kids you have evey seen. Little Sessy fell asleep in my arms right before we had to leave, and this little boy fell asleep on Brett. They take really good care of them there. We didn't see the usual runny noses and things that usually come with places like that. We were not allowed to take pictures here either, but these kids will always be in our minds and hearts. I wish we could go there every day. It sure beats practicing and school work! We came back for supper and then we were invited to come to the youth group tonight. They had combined their youth groups from kids in grade 6-12, so there was about 10 other kids and some adults there too. We got there and got in a circle and we had to say our name, age, and what kind of fruit you think the person on your right is (remind you of something P. Shawn and Letitia???). We had a good time laughing with that then we headed up to deck 8 to play knock out a game with basketballs, its was really fun, the first round every one was missing, then the 2nd round we played the actual game and it was super intense at the end. Now just to let you know, I pretty much stink at these sorts of games and at youth at home I am usually the one who gets out first. So we played and played and I was still in and there were fewer and fewer people in it until I was the only girl with three guys left!   so we kept going and then it was only me and this really tall guy Chris Cole. We played until I finally got my basketball in before him! It was so crazy because I am pretty much horrible at sports, and to beat out all the guys it amazing! Then we headed down to the room and did some worship songs, which were really good, and then the youth leader spoke a bit on seeds, and our faith. It was a really fun night, and we got to know most of the kids our age here on the ship. We don't see them all that much because they are in school until 3:30 and we are here doing our school and stuff all day. Overall it was a really good day, and I can't wait for the days to come. I am also really excited to get back home and go to my youth and see all my friends! It has only been 13 days since we left but it seems like alot more! Missing you all but I am sure not missing the cold weather!!! Here are some pictures of us "hiding"....

2 Comments:

At 12:46 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

hahah nice camouflaging, almost had too really look for you in those pics! wow so which fruit were you this time? :P

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Shawn Chapman said...

So what kind of fruit are you Carly??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home